Parlay features inspired by Teachers.
Parlay wouldn’t be what it was without our teachers! It was built on your feedback.
Each one of the Parlay features has at one point been a suggestion or request that a teacher has shared with us in order to make the tool better. Student-driven discussions can seem like a foreboding task, but not with features like these!
In interviews we recently did with a number of teachers and students who use Parlay, they highlighted their favourite features and what makes them so useful for online or live discussions.
Keep reading to learn how you can use these features to increase student engagement in student-driven discussions, including activities you can use in your classroom.
- Use premade discussion topics from the Parlay Universe. It’s quick and easy to edit them! Include your own sentence stems, links, notes and more to make your discussion work for you and your students.
- Incorporate different activities such as, low-stakes writing prompts or the Jigsaw Method.
- After receiving feedback, students can go back and edit their posts helping them to learn as they go.
- It is possible to add almost anything to your RoundTable discussion. This is a list of a few of the Edtech tools you can integrate into Parlay:
- Google Slides
One teacher in particular, Katie Burns, has created an engaging RoundTable about World War I Technology. It is a great example of what a RoundTable with Google Slides can look like. Amplify your RoundTables by incorporating tools you’re already using. The possibilities are endless!
- Take your Online RoundTable to the next level using the summary data to explore another angle of the discussion. For instance, if you discussed Why do we study Literature? As a class, review the summary data and have the students choose one interesting insight that they’d like to continue to explore in a Live RoundTable.
- Encourage students to review the summary data and come up with 1 way that they could do better in the next discussion.
New and useful Parlay features are always being added to the tool to make it the most useful hybrid learning experience for you and your students.
We hope that the Parlay features mentioned by some of our top Teacher users become your favourite too! If you ever have an idea make sure to reach out to us through the chat bubble on our website. We’d be happy to chat.